Friday 20 January 2012

Things Happen.

This year has been throwing me a lot of curve balls.  OK, I’ll admit, a lot of those curve balls could have been avoided had I not put myself in the situation in the first place, BUT…That’s not the point right now. Recently, very, very, very, recently, things started looking… in an upward direction…  My team at school has been really on the ball, I’ve been slightly more motivated than usual, hence I’ve gone to the gym, (once, but I was on my way for round two I swear).  I’ve been de-stressing over the last couple of days and it felt so good to be getting into a better routine and looking forward to getting through the next couple of months to the sweet victory of graduation.
So, two nights ago, I am on my way to my second hefty installment of pumping iron.  I open my car door and my light doesn’t come on; DESTRUCTION.  Everything is strewn from my glove compartment, there’s no gym bag, which means no ipod, and my really awkward pair of fur lined half mittens are gone.  My expensive ipod cord is still there though(?), my car has just been torn apart.  The kicker: they left both doors open and drained my battery.
But, hey, what can I do at this point?  I need to have some pretty darn low expectations that I will ever see my ipod, ratty old gym bag or half mittens again.  That's what you have to do when situations go sour, as this one did.  You can't run around blaming the last person who got out of that door, or banging your fists on the wall with fury.  Just keep calm and carry on, because an ipod, old gym clothes and mittens aren't the most important things right now, and I'm sure one day I will be rich enough to buy 100 ipods, (there was a little hope inside that joke). 
When I first moved out I always said, "yeah, but that will never happen to me", oh how wrong I was.  When you're away from home expect the unexpected.

No comments:

Post a Comment